about Umoona TJUTAGKU HEALTH SERVICE
Umoona Tjutagku Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is a community controlled Aboriginal Health Service. The Health service provides primary health care services to Aboriginal people in and around Coober Pedy. Umoona Health also Auspices the Dunjiba Substance misuse Program in Oodnadatta.
Umoona Tjutagku Health Service (UTHSAC) was established in 2005 to address the specific medical needs of the Aboriginal people in Coober Pedy. The organisation has expanded steadily over the past seven and a half years to provide a comprehensive range of medical, dental and social services for our community.
UTHSAC continues to provide high quality comprehensive primary health care services to an increasing number of local and transient clients. Umoona Tjutagku Health Service has over the past two years been focusing on improving our service delivery in the community.
As well as providing a variety of medical services, UTHSAC is committed to supporting the well-being of the community through contributions to community events and activities. UTHSAC is also committed to assisting research into the ongoing needs of the community.
Umoona Tjutagku Health Services believes that quality, culturally aware health services should be available to Aboriginal people through an organisation that respects and values the rights of individuals and the choices they make. Our beliefs are supported by a number of principles that help define and describe our value’s system.
These values are guided by the following principles:
- We are honest and fair in our dealings with others
- We are non-judgmental
- We are responsive to the needs and expectations of community
- We emphasise reliability and dedication as enduring features of
- our organisation’s culture
- We enthuse staff to make a difference
- We inspire people to take leadership roles
- We oppose all forms of unjust discrimination
- We recognise peoples’ right to self-determination
- We strive for excellence in all our services and relationships
- We strive to be a resilient organisation
- We treat all people with respect and dignity
- We value and encourage innovation and creativity
Innovative, responsive and culturally appropriate health services are accessible to Aboriginal people living in the Coober Pedy and surrounding region.
To provide a holistic health care service that achieves positive health outcomes through primary health care intervention as well as safer communities through prevention and education.